Friday, July 13, 2012

*IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATE*

Just read that the City of San Francisco is looking at micro-apartments. Take a look at the link. I'm not sure this would fix the issue of lack of affordable housing in the City. Maybe the influx of new small studio apartments will create more of a renters market and more available housing, thereby lowering rents at the downtown single-room occupancy hotels?

I don't trust developer-backed non-profits, either, and they are the ones behind this idea. Usually that means cost-cutting shortcuts and requests to change codes and ordinances to support {insert rhetoric}. The place looks like it could cause claustrophobia. Having lived in a couple tiny apartments, I know it is not for most people and requires a bit of mental preparedness. You will want to get out and do something rather then being trapped in your cell.

I do see a couple burners and hopefully there is a freezer/refrigerator. That was the toughest issue with me; having to eat out for every meal was expensive. The freezer allows you to store 3 or 4 meals, which means you have to shop less, freeing up more time for you.

I gotta tell you, if this place was going for $1k, I'd be on that waiting list faster than white on rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment